OFF THE GRID & ON THE MENU
The great outdoors are the destination of choice for many travelers this summer. Whether you plan to embark on an overnight backpacking excursion or set up camp in the woods for the weekend, we want to make sure you don’t go hungry! This week we’ve teamed with Megan McDuffie and Michael van Vliet from @freshoffthegrid to help make cooking in the outdoors simpler than ever using Kodiak Cakes. Together, we’re taking some of your favorite Kodiak Cakes products and showing you how to enjoy them outside. Keep scrolling to download our “Off the Grid & On the Menu” e-cookbook before your next camping trip. As you read, try snacking on a bowl of granola featuring our new protein-packed Classic Rolled Oats, which also makes the perfect trail snack for all your summer adventures.
Total Time: 50 mins | Makes 10 servings
- 2 1/2 cups Kodiak Cakes Protein Oats
- 1 cup raw nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc.)
- 1/4 cup raw seeds (pepitas, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, etc.)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dried fruit or chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Combine Kodiak Cakes Protein Oats, nuts, seeds, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white, maple syrup or honey, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until combined.
- Spread evenly onto the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes undisturbed. Then, stir gently and continue baking for 5-10 minutes or until crispy. Let cool completely.
- Stir dried fruit or chocolate chips into the cooled granola.
- Store in a sealed container for up to 7 days.
Have you tried any of our "Off the Grid & On the Menu" recipes? Share your outdoor creations with us on Instagram and Facebook by tagging @kodiakcakes and @freshoffthegrid.
By: Sara Drury | July 22nd, 2020